Build your immunity system (Thinkstock photos/Getty Images)
Sometimes we may wonder why we fall sick more or less often than your relatives, friends, colleagues or neighbours.
Well, not all immune systems function alike. A number of factors affect immune system health. There are a number of ways you can repair your immune system. Here go a few of those:
1.Those self-righteous diets high in fruits, vegetables and nuts promote immune health as they're rich in nutrients the immune system requires. Adequate protein intake is also important.
2. Avoid stress as it raises the risk for the common cold and other viruses. It can aggravate conditions such as allergies, asthma. Try stress-reducing activities such as meditation, massage, spa, listening to soothing music, etc.
3. Light to moderate exercise discharges tension and stress and enhances immune function as a result there is less likelihood of catching cold and flu.
4. Sleep soundly because sleep deprivation activates the stress response and depresses immune function. Chronic sleep deprivation raises the risk of the common cold. People who habitually sleep less than six hours a night were almost three times more likely to develop a cold than those who slept seven hours or more.
5. Socialize more: People with rich social lives enjoy better health than the loners. Researchers have proved that the social butterflies were less susceptible to developing cold as compared to the lone wolves.
6. Vitamin D plays a major role in promoting normal immune function. Severe deficiency of Vitamin D can cause various kinds of infections.